TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Campbelltown's Dust Off #3 April 13,2014
jstickler1976 Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:05 am

Get ready to kick off the 2014 Car Show season. VW/Audi New and old all welcomed. Swap meet, vendor area, food, prizes and raffles through out the day. Dogs are allowed. Admission is $5 to show. $1 spectators. Vendors $25 per 20x40. If prepaid by March 20, only $20. Entertainment provided by Ears & Feet. A portion of the proceeds will go to the fire co.

WVBUGMAN71 Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi,Is this Show Watercooled or Aircooled or both???Im thinking of being a vender I sell toys & parts mostly aircooled stuff for Ghia & bugs

Tom N. Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Not to diminish this show... it's a great turnout for H2O cars & a fair amount of aircooled cars do show up. There is a good potential for this show to get even better with sunny/warm weather.

Do not confuse this show with the show at the Renaissance Faire... Volksfest on April 26 (last saturday of april). Volksfest is well worth attending.

jstickler1976 Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:03 am

Show is Open to Air and WaterCooled There is Trophies for each. And the weather for Sunday the 13th is Sunny and 70*!!!!! Let it begin.

jstickler1976 Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:05 am

Vendors are welcome and for $25 is well worth the the price. Spots are 20X40.

jetskibob Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Not much chatter about this show. Any air cooled guys going? Nothing against the water pumpers, I just don't want to be the only air cooled guy there.

andk5591 Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:39 am

I was there last year - pretty decent air cooled turnout. I just have too much going on this weekend and cant make it. I dont remember if they have a facebook page or website, but I do remember seeing pics fior it.

I am planning on Volksfest next weekend.

SteelersBus Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:17 pm

I know there will be a handful of us air cooled Volks campin on site Saturday night.

Don't go to Volksfest next weekend....it'll be mighty lonely!

andk5591 Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:56 pm

SteelersBus wrote: I know there will be a handful of us air cooled Volks campin on site Saturday night.

Why is that?

EMPIPowerRules2 Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:07 pm

SteelersBus wrote:

Yea, why you say that? I say there are more AC at Volksfest than at Campbelltown.

Also... Both of you said, next weekend, it's actually in 2 weeks. It's the 26th.

Tom N. Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:37 pm

EMPIPowerRules2 wrote: SteelersBus wrote:

Yea, why you say that? I say there are more AC at Volksfest than at Campbelltown.

Also... Both of you said, next weekend, it's actually in 2 weeks. It's the 26th.

hence why he said next weekend...4/19. You will be lonely.

Use Sunday/ Campbelltown Dust Off as a destination for a cruise. I'll be taking my car out for a cruise & need a place to go... Dust Off it will be. Oh and that bad ass beer shop out front.

Tom N. Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:39 pm

EMPIPowerRules2 wrote: SteelersBus wrote:

Use Sunday/ Campbelltown Dust Off as a destination for a cruise. I'll be taking my car out for a cruise & need a place to go... Dust Off it will be. Oh and that bad ass beer shop out front.

EMPIPowerRules2 Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Tom N. wrote: EMPIPowerRules2 wrote: SteelersBus wrote:

haha. I thought he was saying it would be "lonely" because there wouldn't be many AC guys there. Makes total sense now.

andk5591 Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:46 am

duuuuhhhhhh :oops: My month is all screwed up.. I do have the right date on my calendar.

Stanagon Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 am

how is the show turnout?

Tom N. Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Stanagon wrote: how is the show turnout?

at least 300 cars... imo... probably 400+. Swap was okay, mud bogs were AWESOME!