TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: rear tire size with flat4 fuchs
pom2ter Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 am

hello all type3 fan...

i've buy a set of flat4 fuchs for my 64 1500s ...

to set them on my notch , i use some 5x205->5x130 adaptator

the rear are 5.5 " wide " with 185/65/15 tire , and it didn't fit :) ( at this time the rear is stock height , but will be lowered with adjustable spring plate soon )

someone had the same problem ? or can tell me a good size of tire ?

thx

Erik G Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 am

you probably need to get rid of the adapter, and switch to 5x130 hubs and drums

streetkiller Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:12 am

salut snoopy , je me suis déjà me renseigner sur ce problème

tu a que 2 solution :

soit passage en frein arrière récent et perçage Porsche

soit boite de cox voie courte

sinon ca passera jamais

supersuk Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:12 am

Yup, adapters aren't the way to go. You need to drill the drum and hubs or might as well do a disc brake conversion that has the 5x130 pattern on it!

luckystiff Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:40 pm

i had flat 4 fuchs on my square with 185/65/15 lowered a combination of inner/outer splines thats probably equal to between 2 and 3 outers.

WITH ADAPTERS.......

the camber helps. maybe your adapters are thicker than mine were.

you could always swap to pre 67 type1 axles. easy swap and gives you like an inch per side. the good news is bus guys would love to have the type3 long axles.

tim3 Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:25 pm

shoulda done your research on this.. basically there are several threads on how to convert your car to 5x130.. its easy.. you can drill your hubs using one of the 4 lug holes.. or you can do what i did and buy the rear disc brake kit from CB performance along with new front rotors in 5x130..

pom2ter Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:00 am

merci streetkiller de chez nous ;)

thanks all , a friend give me 175/65/15 tire ... i'll try with the camber like luckystiff say ..

so it's time to go in the garage :D and work on the notch

Bobnotch Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:46 am

tim3 wrote: shoulda done your research on this.. basically there are several threads on how to convert your car to 5x130.. its easy.. you can drill your hubs using one of the 4 lug holes.. or you can do what i did and buy the rear disc brake kit from CB performance along with new front rotors in 5x130..

tim, you should have looked closer at the first pic, as he's running wide 5 drums. :shock: You can't re-drill them for a 5X130 pattern. He can swap the rear drums and hubs to 4 lug, then drill them, BUT, he won't be able to adjust the rear brakes (no holes for the adjusters on wide 5 drum backing plates).

OP, Have you checked your clearances for the front? Just asking IF you're still using drums up front, and spacers. I only say that, as things start getting tight when pushing the front tires out (spacers and wrong offset rims), and lowering the car. :shock: Just a heads up.