TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Need pointers on how/where to hook up Subaru P/S
coclimber Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi! I have a Subaru remote P/S reservoir for a VW/Subaru conversion - 2001 2.5L in an '86 Westy 2WD that I can't wrap my brain around.

I need pointers on where & how to "mount" the reservoir in the engine bay. The Subaru bracket does not fit very well against the engine bay wall because of its shape.

And, any how to hook up the RMW P/S kit would be much appreciated!

Thanks

pioneer1 Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:21 am

What does RMW say>?

coclimber Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:23 am

pioneer1 wrote: What does RMW say>?

The RMW DIY manual does not cover the remote res install. Since I work weekends and they are not available for weekend support I try to get answers here if I can.

coclimber Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 am

Got word from RMW - they support the VW P/S res, which is remote, of course. But, their P/S kit won't work with Subaru remote res. So, I either have to get another VW P/S res (mine broke on pull out) or finagle a way to use the Subaru one I have. Still open for suggestions on how to use the Subaru one I have...

Sir Sam Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:25 am

coclimber wrote: Got word from RMW - they support the VW P/S res, which is remote, of course. But, their P/S kit won't work with Subaru remote res. So, I either have to get another VW P/S res (mine broke on pull out) or finagle a way to use the Subaru one I have. Still open for suggestions on how to use the Subaru one I have...

I have an extra vw res up in Fort Collins. Pm if interested.