TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Master Cylinder Washer
BIG_TEXAS_PETE Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:55 am

Hello,

I'm looking for a washer that sits underneath the rubber plug on top of the master cylinder.

Can anyone help me out? Point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Pete

glutamodo Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 am

what part are you looking for??

BIG_TEXAS_PETE Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 am

Part Number 11

[/quote]

glutamodo Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:26 am

Ah, you know I scanned that photo years ago - and it's out of the Owner's Service manual. I have no idea why it doesn't show that washer. It's been so long since I've done a master cylinder job that I'd forgotten that even existed. Typically the diagrams on those 1960s Owner's Service Manuals are the same as the ones in the larger Workshop Manual (Big Blue Bentley) but are higher quality images on glossy paper, which is why I choose them then I scan images. I need to replace that image I think, as the one in the Workshop Manual does show it. (edit - I did go and replace that image)

Anyway, it is shown in the 1960 parts book, and while it's listed in the fall 1971 parts book, it's not actually shown in any of the diagrams there. This excerpt is the 1960 diagram and the 1971 description. It was used up until they changed to 8mm feed line(s) during the 1967 model year.

So, it's part number 113611811... I don't know though where you can get one. ISP West shows it, sort of. http://www.vwispwest.com/product.php?productid=24970&cat=370&page=1

Really, I think any washer with a 6mm opening that fits into the recess there should work

-Andy

morymob Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:06 am

Or a slight mod to any slightly larger or even having to drill center larger.