TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Heat lever knobs
Lil Lulu Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:27 pm

So it looks like the red and blue knobs I have for the '72 aren't going to be replaceable. I have the knobs in the bag o' shit the former owner left in it. So will I have to replace with levers from a donor or do they make them now? If it's donor only, what years will interchange?

Just wanna send out a big "thanks asshole" :twisted: to the buttmonkey that cut the radio hole bigger to accommodate a "modern" cd/radio. Bloodied my hand on the ragged piece of crap.

tubdub Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:36 pm

you can buy repro heat/fresh air levers.

Kirk Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Are they like lates or earlies? Bus depot has lates I know. $20 for the two red one blue combo.

djway3474 Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 pm

I recently purchased a 4 set for a 72 that is new repro. I believe I found them here. From EIP or something like that

tubdub Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Kirk wrote: Are they like lates or earlies? Bus depot has lates I know. $20 for the two red one blue combo.

earlies are what the O.P. was asking about. E.I.S. is the one who has them. AirHead parts has them listed also.

Lil Lulu Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:53 pm

I guess 73 and later were different. The trouble with '72s: one leg in early, one leg in late.

So, no way I could just do some kinna mumbo jumbo and make the old knobs stay on the levers?