TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VA - Cars & Coffee in Northern Virginia
e&m_ghia Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Anyone in Northern Virginia & surrounding areas want to make an air-cooled contingent at a Cars & Coffee meet? So far, they're saying this Sunday looks nice..

We occasionally go to the one in Fair Lakes (Kohl's parking lot, near Starbucks) on Sundays, starts at 8:30 am. The folks are friendly. (The one in Great Falls on Saturdays is too early, too many "exotics" & not-enough-parking...) A bit more laid-back in Fair Lakes. Last time we went there were a few AC vehicles - mainly Porsches, and us.

General info:
http://kohlscarsandcoffee.com/show-info/cars-coffee-show-times

e&m_ghia Sat May 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Update: Kohl's (previous reference) is no more... Too many people drag-racing on the way out...

It's moved to Fairfax VA, but we haven't been lately. On Sundays, there's one in Dulles VA as well.

A number of us showed up at Katie's C&C this morning, so we made our own show - by re-arranging the cars as slots opened up. It ended up a pretty good representation of vintage VWs.

This C&C, in Great Falls, is the most convenient for us lately, as long as E can wake up that early in the morning...

vwcrzy Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:24 am

Just picked up a 67 bug and new to the Northern VA scene. Can you tell me more about the C&C’s? What social media platforms that announce the where and when?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

60vwnewengland Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:53 pm

vwcrzy wrote: Just picked up a 67 bug and new to the Northern VA scene. Can you tell me more about the C&C’s? What social media platforms that announce the where and when?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Katie's C&C is still going. I've gone to Annapolis C&C on sunday morning a couple times. It's ok...