TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 69 bus sold on ebay, or is it?
justcruzin Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:13 pm

So I was looking on ebay and stumbled across this.

It sold for 4950.00 25 bidders. Wonder who won it? Anybody here? Interesting vehicle for sure. Never seen anything like it.

notchboy Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 pm

I dont know but I like it. Id roll that. Put a suby in it for more power and go to Jelly Stone 8)

chabanais Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Wow that's what I call a "creature."

babysnakes Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Red Fau Veh posted it in the abortions thread. It's being pushed by a 1600 sp.

Desertbusman Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:52 pm

It looks like something Popular Mechanics would have had in their magazine about 40 years ago. It would have had a real good do-it-yourself article with detailed plans available that you could order.

cdennisg Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:10 pm

As I said in the abortions thread, all that thing needs is a new door and a Sooby drive train.

justcruzin Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Sorry, didn't realize it was in another portion of the forum. Shows how much I get out of the Bay section. LOL

cdennisg Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:40 pm

justcruzin wrote: Sorry, didn't realize it was in another portion of the forum. Shows how much I get out of the Bay section. LOL

It's OK. the other post didn't link to the ebay ad or give any details about it.

Wildthings Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm

What is it about VW's that attract people to build these abortions. Why not start with a truck powered by a real engine. A minimum of a 350cid and maybe a lot larger.

notchboy Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Wildthings wrote: What is it about VW's that attract people to build these abortions. Why not start with a truck powered by a real engine. A minimum of a 350cid and maybe a lot larger.

Is common sense a prerequisite for building abominations? :lol:

Red Fau Veh Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:26 pm

justcruzin wrote:
It sold for 4950.00 25 bidders. Wonder who won it? Anybody here? Interesting vehicle for sure. Never seen anything like it. I'm not sure who it was won buy but it might be a guy named Josh. He is the owner of another similar looking rig named the splitstream. He was very interested in it and told me he might go get it.

jtauxe Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:55 am

I love that whoever did this kept the original engine compartment door on the back. I think it's great, but I doubt if it would pass inspection. Great camper for NM, where we have no inspections. but what do you register it as? Is the VIN intact?

cdennisg Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:50 pm

jtauxe wrote: I love that whoever did this kept the original engine compartment door on the back. I think it's great, but I doubt if it would pass inspection. Great camper for NM, where we have no inspections. but what do you register it as? Is the VIN intact?

With something like that, I wouldn't even consider it if I lived in a place that required inspection. Come to think of it, there are all kinds of reasons not to live in a place that requires inspection.

Could likely be registered as a kit car in most states.

chabanais Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Ha ha that is so true.

Desertbusman wrote: It looks like something Popular Mechanics would have had in their magazine about 40 years ago. It would have had a real good do-it-yourself article with detailed plans available that you could order.

Keith Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:14 am

It gets registered as what ever the title says it is. There's really no reason to register it as anything other.