TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone know what these 3 holes are on both my front quarters
offshores Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:39 am

Before I weld them up I'm curious what these were drilled out for? They are the 3 holes clustered together, 2 big and one small and they are in the exact spots on both sides of my '65. My guesses would be mirrors of some type, antennas, badges, but beyond that who knows??? This was a "Cal Bug" at one time if that helps.
This pic shows them with the brown filler

VW Habit Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Maybe some sort of "Euro" blinker?

hsosa1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Looks like may be euro blinker . Dealer badge.

offshores Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:23 am

Do you guys have any pics of those? I can't find anything searching Google.
I did find this image and it's linked back to TheSamba. They mentioned it was a dealership install in Japan.
Thanks
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=350554

VOLKSWAGNUT Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:15 am

Yikes.. if thats what was there... start welding..

All those are missing are the hornets swarming around them.

:lol:

Take a look here: http://www.classiccult.com/blog/vintage-accessory-parking-lights-for-vw.html

Who knows what previous owners do...

offshores Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:54 am

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: Yikes.. if thats what was there... start welding..

All those are missing are the hornets swarming around them.

:lol:

No kidding, huh? :lol: Those are pretty strange, but I kind of like the idea of something with a lower profile. You're probably right though, should just start welding...

hopkin Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 am

Many of the Euro-Beetles were modified with side markers to meet the requirements. These were installed on my '96 Mexi that I brought over from the UK:

The Italians (and Brazil) had a good idea to meet the requirement without modifiying the car:

(Snow not included :D )

drscope Fri May 09, 2014 6:38 pm

The holes look kind of low for euro blinkers. Probably someone in the past was a big CB or ham radio guy. How many holes are drilled in or under the dash?