TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Some of my Airbrush work on my Glove box
Widdow Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:42 pm

I just got back in to painting I have ben painting for 20 yrs on and off. Here is some of my art work. Let me know what you think. My buddy said I should sell some Glove box's with some art work for like rat rods and stuff. I don't know. I want you see what you guys think.

All pic where taken with a old Iphone.

offshores Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:18 am

I think you could sell some for sure. Not my thing, but you definitely have skills.

a.wilson Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:27 pm

Some of those sort of look like full length stickers. Great handiwork!
You can paint a couple glove doors and see if they'll sell.. wouldn't hurt to try..

Got other graphics planned?

grandpa pete Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:37 am

I suggest a Niche business in personalized glove box doors . My grandpa taste would never put your type of design in my bug....BUT....If I could give you my glove box door with my design or name or initials ; etc I think you would have a viable business.....Think of how many VW's there are out there that have been given their own names by their owners :idea:

Set up in a vendor spot at a local show...How long would it take to put a name on a glove box door
Your Saturday adventure to the VW show is now a business trip...........???

I have a friend that started building custom racks for VW busses and I remember talking about " How many people around here want a $500 bus rack " .....3 years later he's still 2 or 3 racks behind schedule...his schedule...no boss..
.Then one day about a year ago Chrysler Corp called for special Jeep Rack . They featured that jeep with his rack on a 4 wheel drive magazine cover .
The phone is still ringing ....you never know where something like this might lead

Think about it

eyetzr Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:50 am

post an ad on The Samba. Your art work ( or stock design), your glove box door ( or exchange), 2-3 day turn around. Free shipping lower 48 call for international rates. Done quit your day job & paint for a living. ( no charge for the idea)