TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What is the value vw t2 kombi and westfalia?
Giorgio Udine Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:22 am

What is the value vw t2 arrows high in various versions (kombi, westfalia) in relation to vehicles in good condition but not perfect?
thanks

chabanais Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:35 am

Takes a lot more info than that to answer this question.

Giorgio Udine Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:39 am

I am referring to a bus in good general condition (body, engine, interior ...), you can tell me the minimum and maximum prices thanks

FlatfourFrenchy Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:44 am

Good westy interior, no motor, rust six inches from bottom as well ad some window rot = $400

pb24ss Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:02 am

That is a very subjective question. They are only worth the amount of cold hard cash someone is going to give you. Search the classifieds to get an idea of what people think they are worth.

Zelten Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:29 am

In the U.S. for a solid bus in running condition I would say a good starting price is $4000. I think the price would be more in Europe based off the number of U.S. buses that are being bought and shipped in that direction. This is my own personal opinion based off what I paid for mine and what I see other buses advertised for.

Wildthings Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Scrap value for a bus is probably around $200 so that is about the minimum one is worth unless someone just really wants it gone today. You might even get one with very little wrong with it for that. You can certainly spend a whole lot more to get one that is going to need thousands in repairs to be dependable daily drive.

Buying an old car is not like buying a two year old Honda, there are just dozens or even hundreds of additional variables that need to be considered.

busdaddy Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:22 pm

chabanais wrote: Takes a lot more info than that to answer this question.
Agreed, far too many variables like condition, options, upgrades, maintenance and location.
Are you buying or selling?

babysnakes Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:01 pm

A yellow bucket or a middle seat will set you back big time, oh "patina' is a big money grabber these days. Scour the classifieds here, search Ebay/Craigaslist or the equivalent where you are. Search "Earlybay" and "Latebay" websites on your side of the pond. Go to local shows if any and rub elbows with the locals.

jtauxe Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Also realize that prices in the US (most of the Samba ads) are very different from prices in Europe or the UK. And prices vary by model, as well. Here in the US, campers are in high demand, with transporters (the buses with seats) less so. Pickups and panel vans (the commercial vehicles) are a hot item in the US, since importing them after 1971 was taxed heavily.

Prices vary a lot even within the US. Here in the southwest, you can get a rust free Transporter in running condition for $4000. In the northeast, where old vehicles die the slow death of rust from road salt, a similar vehicle might cost twice as much.

It does all come down to who will pay how much for what on any given day.

Giorgio Udine Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:29 pm

I'm interested in selling a bus westfalia year 76, I want to understand what is the value "globalized" in Italia the buses are rare and are paid 10,000-15,000 EUR

Tom Powell Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:00 am

$12,432.78

Aloha
tp