TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone remember that pistol pete cat?
pistolpete5150 Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:15 am

How are ya lads?! I go by Pistol Pete. Back in I think '03 I got my hands on a '65 bug and transformed it into my little hotrod over the span of the next year and a half. I then had a head on with a Fed Ex truck. Killed my bug and almost myself.

To this day! I miss that car like nothing else. The fun I had driving that was something I have not yet found again. I currently have a GT PT Cruiser and an old '65 Dodge Coronet. Fun cars but they aren't like my little bug was.

I'm thinking of getting one going again, so I am seeking out the right one. Just like before, I got one that was mechanically sound, but the paint was shot. I would love a '65 again. the link pin front end, NO DISC BRAKES, wide 5 smoothie rims. We will see. If anyone has any leads for me and would like to see me back behind the wheel of an air cooled again. Get in touch with me!

veedubcrazy Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 am

I remember the story but what stuck out was that the cop "stuffed tickets in my pocket". Oy!!!

VOLKSWAGNUT Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 am

Nothing stopping you but time, money and location...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/

pistolpete5150 Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:18 pm

I see one on the CL that has my attention. the lowering is already done, the motor is hooked up. Paint is ratty and perfect for a re-do of my last one. I drove to Medford for my '65, glad I did, it was a gem.