TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Dual Solex H-32/34 PDSI-2 and dual port heads
NorCal39 Mon May 05, 2014 11:16 am

Good morning!

I'm currently rebuilding a motor for a friend. She has a 1965 Notchback with a 1600cc motor and single port heads, running dual Solex 32/34 PDSI-2.

pulled the heads yesterday and they are junk. (Cracked between the valves)

I have a set of good used dual port heads I can slap on.

The question is can those carbs be mounted to dual port manifolds and still run with the stock linkage? We are on a budget, so we are trying to run with what we have...

If this conversion can be done, can someone point me to the appropriate manifolds?

Aircooled.net says ICT manifolds may work?

If anyone has done this, I would love some guidance...

thanks in advance!

Andy
Sacramento, CA

Bobnotch Mon May 05, 2014 11:27 am

NorCal39 wrote: Good morning!

I'm currently rebuilding a motor for a friend. She has a 1965 Notchback with a 1600cc motor and single port heads, running dual Solex 32/34 PDSI-2.

pulled the heads yesterday and they are junk. (Cracked between the valves)

I have a set of good used dual port heads I can slap on.

The question is can those carbs be mounted to dual port manifolds and still run with the stock linkage? We are on a budget, so we are trying to run with what we have...

If this conversion can be done, can someone point me to the appropriate manifolds?

Aircooled.net says ICT manifolds may work?

If anyone has done this, I would love some guidance...

thanks in advance!

Andy
Sacramento, CA

Yes, the ICT manifolds will work (they have the same bolt patterns). Use paper gaskets with them though, otherwise you'll end up with a vacuum leak.
Do you have dual port tins? If not, you'll need to find an upper set, as they are trimmed away for the manifolds. You can use FI tins too, as they're mostly correct (will have a couple of extra holes in them).
I hope this helps.

NorCal39 Mon May 05, 2014 11:50 am

Cool thanks for the info!

Can the SP tins be modified u think? We are tight on cash...

thanks again,

Andy

Bobnotch Tue May 06, 2014 6:27 am

NorCal39 wrote: Cool thanks for the info!

Can the SP tins be modified u think? We are tight on cash...

thanks again,

Andy

You could modify them, but you'll need to search the gallery or use some dual port bug tins to see how much you'll need to trim for the manifolds.