TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Malpassi Filter King fuel pressure regulator+Weber 34 ICTs
~laranda Wed May 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I bought a Malpassi fuel pressure regulator to lower the 5 psi that an electric pump is feeding my baby Webers. I have no idea how to go about mounting the unit. Suggestions? Thoughts?

I purchased it from Redline Weber via a local shop. The info sheet supplied with it tells me it's a "stand alone" unit and that it is mounted on the firewall.

Many thanks!!

VWporscheGT3 Wed May 07, 2014 1:55 pm

you can make a simple angle iron , or angle aluminum bracket and mount on the firewall or what not. looks like it would be very simple

Multi69s Thu May 08, 2014 12:33 am

GT3s idea sounds fine with me, or you could mount it in the balance tube support area. Just make sure that your fuel lines stay away from the hot engine. It is so refreshing to see someone NOT buy one of those round, chrome dial type regulators :D .

~laranda Thu May 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks!! Sounds like I'm gonna have to get creative. The regulator was packaged with a universal mounting bracket of some sort (really just a rectangular piece of metal that doesn't do much for my application).

Multi69s, my car is a '72 that had been converted from FI to dual carbs.. does the "balance tube support area" exist even in previously FI engines?

And regarding those cheap regulators.. all it took was Glenn Ring saying "carry a fire extinguisher" and John from aircooled.net seconding, "they are POS. DO NOT USE THEM" to keep me faaar away from those. :wink:

Mike Fisher Thu May 08, 2014 3:59 pm

You can see the balance tube bracket & bolt underneath the gas line in the center of this picture.

Bobnotch Fri May 09, 2014 8:36 am

Mike Fisher wrote: You can see the balance tube bracket & bolt underneath the gas line in the center of this picture.

That's a dual carb engine Mike. He was asking IF that bracket came on an FI engine. :roll:

OP, no it doesn't. You'll have to find one from the classifieds.

Mike Fisher Fri May 09, 2014 8:49 am

~laranda wrote: Thanks!! Sounds like I'm gonna have to get creative. The regulator was packaged with a universal mounting bracket of some sort (really just a rectangular piece of metal that doesn't do much for my application).

Multi69s, my car is a '72 that had been converted from FI to dual carbs.. does the "balance tube support area" exist even in previously FI engines?

And regarding those cheap regulators.. all it took was Glenn Ring saying "carry a fire extinguisher" and John from aircooled.net seconding, "they are POS. DO NOT USE THEM" to keep me faaar away from those. :wink:

The "balance tube support area" is referring to the bolt hole in the block to mount any bracket not necessarily an original bracket. :roll:

~laranda Fri May 09, 2014 11:33 am

The bolt hole is there! Cool. I'm 90% sure that's where I'll be mounting a bracket. Does anyone know the specs regarding the bolt that fits through there? I wouldn't want to strip the thread.