TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Need a shop in Northern California for Bumper restoration
br8meoff Thu May 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello All,

I am located near Oakland, California and I am looking for a local place that does Bumper restoration and chrome plating. I have checked around my area and only found two places. Does anyone know of any good shops in the Bay Area they can recommend?

Thanks.

Here are a picture of the bumpers. The top one is the one I need work on.

Matt K. Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Sherm' s chrome plating in Sacramento.....fantastic job....most of their work I see on old customs and it is very nice.

j.goodspeed Sun May 11, 2014 10:16 am

Matt K. wrote: Sherm' s chrome plating in Sacramento.....fantastic job....most of their work I see on old customs and it is very nice.

x2

Sherm's Custom Plating has done a lot of work for me over the past 25 years. Be prepared for a bit of sticker shock. A pair of US spec pre 67 bumpers an decent condition will set you back around 2K.

Clatter Sat May 24, 2014 10:21 am

Down here in the south bay (San Jose) there are two chrome shops.

The first is Superior in south San Jo - they are real craftsman and cost accordingly.

The second is Valley in Santa Clara.
I had them do some stuff (classic bicycle parts) and the work was nice.
Their bid came in a couple hundred less than Superior, but a few things could have been slightly better, perhaps.

These are traditional chrome shops.
A "bumper shop" is a slightly different animal.

I heard of one called Faith Bumper, that a friend used and liked, and was going to try them for my bumpers...

FWIW
http://www.faithbumperservice.com/