TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Here's my 63 Subaru Bus. So much fun to drive. Page: 1, 2  Next
DTA Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Here's a closer pic my buddy took in front of his house.

Here's a video of it running, that my friend took.

OTO X58 Thu May 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Cool bus!!

veedubman72 Thu May 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Great photos and awesome bus, but engine pic? gotta see how the conversion went.

2true Fri May 09, 2014 4:32 am

veedubman72 wrote: Great photos and awesome bus, but engine pic? gotta see how the conversion went.

x2

Old Vegas Mon May 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Yeah man, DETAILS, DETAILS and pictures. Looks great!

OTO X58 Wed May 21, 2014 10:50 am

Post pictures of the engine in this piece of crap already!

C'mon!

Keith Thu May 22, 2014 8:46 am

WTF ???!!! You can't make a post about your Subaru powered bus and NOT show pics of the damn engine !!!

Joel Thu May 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Theres a thread on it over at shoptalk

littlebuggie Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:48 pm

im in need of some wiring assistance.. if i hook up my crank sensor wires red to red and black to white, the motor fires up but acts like its only running off 1 cylinder on each side.. if i hook the wires up red to black, and red to white it won't fire but now I get RPM on my tunerstudio when I'm cranking it over..

it seems to me the reason it won't fire up and run smooth is timing.. i believe its spark timing too, it will blow a flame out the exhaust manifolds ever now and again..so I have fuel and spark, just at the wrong time..

I'm using microsquirt, tuner studio, sti crank trigger on a ej22, still injected..

Keith Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Joel wrote: Theres a thread on it over at shoptalk

Shoptalk isn't HERE, why start a thread here if there is m no intention of actually showing anything or giving us info?

tkelley Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:09 am

Interesting spot for the radiator....

Tom

sixfootdan Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:41 am

You get more drama and attention if you withhold pics for a bit I guess?

EverettB Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:25 am

From a show

OTO X58 Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:54 am

Maybe the OP is not very good with cameras?

DTA Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Sorry everyone, my computer died and i haven't been able to update this thread. As soon as i get a new one i will be on here regularly to update and answer questions. Answering this from my phone sucks.

DTA Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:13 am

littlebuggie wrote: im in need of some wiring assistance.. if i hook up my crank sensor wires red to red and black to white, the motor fires up but acts like its only running off 1 cylinder on each side.. if i hook the wires up red to black, and red to white it won't fire but now I get RPM on my tunerstudio when I'm cranking it over..

it seems to me the reason it won't fire up and run smooth is timing.. i believe its spark timing too, it will blow a flame out the exhaust manifolds ever now and again..so I have fuel and spark, just at the wrong time..

I'm using microsquirt, tuner studio, sti crank trigger on a ej22, still injected..

Are you using the stock engine harness? I just ended up using the stock engine harness. So the Crank trigger wheel was already connected, I just cut the male end from a stock subaru and it was mated with the mega squirt wiring harness.

DTA Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 am

Keith wrote: Joel wrote: Theres a thread on it over at shoptalk

Shoptalk isn't HERE, why start a thread here if there is m no intention of actually showing anything or giving us info?

What questions would you like answered?

2true Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:41 am

Walmart VW T-Shirts are all the Rage.

DTA Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:52 am

looks that way.

Old Vegas Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 am

How long did it take to do this conversion? What type of gear box are you running? What part/climate of the world are you in...desert, jungle, plains..and how does it run in that climate?

Any major issues doing the conversion that took you a while to figure out?