TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 200.000 km silver plate meeting Stuttgart 1954 and badges
RalphMH Sat May 10, 2014 11:34 am

This is my today auction win - an original silver plate that was given at the VW-Hunderttausender summer meeting 1954 in Stuttgart to drivers who made more than 200.000 km with their car. The set contains as well a letter and a certificate from the VW factory to the owner of the car, an old photo and the original key of the car.

As there are mentionend two honor badges in the letter - one for inside the car and one for outside - I would like to know now which may have been the matching badges to this set. I found some pictures of 200.000 Kilometer badges in the web. Could those be the right ones, and which one was for inside the car, which one for outside ?

The letter and the certificate are dated 14.97.1954

I know about the meetings in Erbach 1952 and Stuttgart 1954, and the badges that have been given out there, but I never saw such a 200.000 Kilometer silver plate before.
Are there others out there ?

Best regards from Germany,

Ralph

53 0val Sat May 10, 2014 9:57 pm

The body badge is the top left, first picture.

vwovalguy Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:51 pm

I have this 200k set. 2 badges, gold pin and silver plate. The first picture I believe is mine. I now have the plate.

RalphMH Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:12 am

Sorry for using your pic - hope you don't mind !
I was just happy to find any pics of those bagdes

Congratulation !
Where did you find the plate ? Do you have case, letter and certificate as well ? The plates are extremly rare, as only a total of 40 was given out at all !
I saw it only once before, posted by member usariemen here in 2007.
Yours would be third one.

Unfortunately I didn't found the badges and needle yet,
if you ever think about selling your set, please contact me !

vwovalguy Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:25 pm

RalphMH wrote: Sorry for using your pic - hope you don't mind !
I was just happy to find any pics of those bagdes

Congratulation !
Where did you find the plate ? Do you have case, letter and certificate as well ? The plates are extremly rare, as only a total of 40 was given out at all !
I saw it only once before, posted by member usariemen here in 2007.
Yours would be third one.

Unfortunately I didn't found the badges and needle yet,
if you ever think about selling your set, please contact me !

Hi Ralph,

I bought the plate from Carsten, so I guess there are only 2 known? I didn't know that there were so few out there. One of the badges came from Bob Sowersby. Thanks again Bob.

RalphMH Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 am

Then I know about only our two ones still existing !

By the way - today, July 10th, it is exactly 61 years since the meeting took place!