TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Cape Cod to Baja
christo augenti Tue May 20, 2014 5:17 am

well got all of her sudden issues straightened out yesterday.added a spare starter to the parts box.now we will try to get out of the north east.glad that god saw fit to bring out her little tantrum in the driveway.its nice to know we have the samba and vanagon rescue squad you are all great people.will post pictures along the way of we can figure out how to :D

christo augenti Tue May 20, 2014 5:34 am

thats the ticket :wink:

dobryan Tue May 20, 2014 5:46 am

Have fun. Glad we could help. Pics or it didn't happen. :D

christo augenti Fri May 23, 2014 7:56 pm

had to replace the fuel pump in Pennsylvania on the side of rt 81 in the rain at night.good thing we had a new 1 in our box of parts runs like a new van now its Friday night now chillin with friends in texas.will pull out of Houston Saturday night and head further west hoping to be in san felipe Thursday.as long as betty keeps up her good attitude :D

SCP_Austin Sat May 24, 2014 8:34 am

I did two weeks in San Felipe this winter for a rowing trip. Watch the bay...you will see their rowing team. It is nothing like a US team. They row in the WORST water.

Corwyn Sun May 25, 2014 9:18 am

I hope you have air conditioning - it's 100 F in La Paz today. :shock:

j_dirge Sun May 25, 2014 9:30 am

Corwyn wrote: I hope you have air conditioning - it's 100 F in La Paz today. :shock:
Its a dry heat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

.. or just make a run to the Pacific side for the day.. and dip your toes in the big ocean for a nice cool down.

Geez, I miss Baja.

Have a great trip!

christo augenti Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:31 pm

did the whole trip no a/c got here on 5/28 staying till 6/29 going into the desert to watch the 500 tomorrow...guess what? they sell r-12 here :D been a great trip so far.i wish i coulod figure out how to put pictures on here.been using a computer at a coffe shop cant get our junky tablet to connect.awesome place :D

Love My Westy Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:08 am

christo augenti wrote: did the whole trip no a/c got here on 5/28 staying till 6/29 going into the desert to watch the 500 tomorrow...guess what? they sell r-12 here :D been a great trip so far.i wish i coulod figure out how to put pictures on here.been using a computer at a coffe shop cant get our junky tablet to connect.awesome place :D

Where did you find the R-12? I have found it harder to find R-12 in Baja the past few years. I ended up with a substitute Dupont R-49 that I purchased in LaPaz but it is a replacement for R-12 and cannot be mixed with R-12. It's also not available in the US. I never used it and ended up giving it to a shop in Baja last winter. I didn't want to drain and replace my R-12 with something I couldn't buy in the states.

christo augenti Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:03 pm

plenty of R-12 in san felipe $13 a can at the big parts store a block past calimex south

Love My Westy Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:45 pm

christo augenti wrote: plenty of R-12 in san felipe $13 a can at the big parts store a block past calimex south

Unfortunately I won't be going through San Felipe until they get the new highway finished through to Highway 1. Thanks for the info though.