TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 3 rib reverse tooth count?
ridenrace6 Mon May 26, 2014 12:34 pm

can somebody tell me what small gear goes with which big gear? the ones I have are 15t & 17t count on the small gear and 40t & 43t count on the big gear, these are for a 3 rib bus trans by the way.
thanks for any help in advance!

mcmscott Mon May 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Counting the ribs on your trans is just as efective as counting the ribs on your condom. If you have a caged 2 line reverse idler then it goes with a 2 line operating sleeve, if it is earlier then the sleeve may have 1 hash mark and the idler will have none. I could go on but why?

[email protected] Mon May 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Generally, the thicker teeth with the lesser counts go together. The 15 with the 40, and the 17 with the 43. There are some certain combos that have to go together with the notches/lines on the teeth like mcmscott mentioned though.

raul arrese Mon May 26, 2014 6:23 pm

mcmscott wrote: Counting the ribs on your trans is just as efective as counting the ribs on your condom. If you have a caged 2 line reverse idler then it goes with a 2 line operating sleeve, if it is earlier then the sleeve may have 1 hash mark and the idler will have none. I could go on but why?

I havnt used a condom in over 25 years , do they have a 5 rib ?? its the best ??

ridenrace6 Tue May 27, 2014 2:41 am

ok thanks a lot