TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New red Koni shocks- How much should i adjust them?
NorSquare Tue May 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Any suggestions? How many turns should i use?

I want a decent ride - Not too "stiff"

Nate M. Tue May 27, 2014 4:58 pm

NorSquare wrote: Any suggestions? How many turns should i use?

I like to start on full stiff, then work backwards 1/2 turn at a time until it feels like a good balance. I've found that if I start on the soft side, I don't notice the change as much until the end.

Just bolting them up on soft is an improvement!! 8)

NorSquare Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Nate M. wrote: NorSquare wrote: Any suggestions? How many turns should i use?

I like to start on full stiff, then work backwards 1/2 turn at a time until it feels like a good balance. I've found that if I start on the soft side, I don't notice the change as much until the end.

Just bolting them up on soft is an improvement!! 8)

Thanks!

Yabbadubbadoo Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:50 pm

I'm interested to hear what you think of the ride compared to what you had before.

NorSquare Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Yabbadubbadoo wrote: I'm interested to hear what you think of the ride compared to what you had before.

The ride quality is much better. I have only had a short test drive - and the handling is more like a "modern" car...(although the tires at the moment are narrow" but new 165x15 Vredesteins).

From an old book "Jetzt mache ich ihn schneller" (Motorbuch Verlag, Stuttgart ISBN 3-87943-046-2)) (7.edition - page 176-177) from the seventies i found that the best first setting for new red Konis should be 1/5 at front (half a turn (180 degrees) and rear 2/5 of total (one turn (360 degrees) from the softest.

I followed the settings from the book and shall take a new adjustment after 1500-2000 Km (1000 miles) - an another recommendation from the same book.

Stuartzickefoose Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:55 am

Where did you get your konis?

vlad01 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:42 pm

you can buy them from T3HQ