TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: brake problems please help!!!!
brs1997 Fri May 30, 2014 2:18 pm

okay my bug is having brake problems. the brake peadle goes to the floor i have done everey thing i could think of. and the whole entire braking system is all new, from brake lines to wheel cylinders, to brake pads and every thing else in between. if i dont get these brakes working i am going to sell it!!! i really dont want to sell it :( but i cant keep putting in money if this thing cant stop. please help me. they were working okay, and then i replaced the front wheel cylinders and they got worse!

jps1145 Fri May 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Have you tried bleeding them? Do you have a service manual?
Let me ask this... What does "everything I can think of" mean exactly? Be specific. What brakes, what master cylinder, what kind of vehicle (bug or buggy)?

brs1997 Fri May 30, 2014 2:42 pm

well i have a 64 bug and i have bleed them a million different times. i have adjusted the brakes but the peadle still goes to the floor. this is my first vw. so is there a trick to them or what?

jps1145 Fri May 30, 2014 2:48 pm

brs1997 wrote: well i have a 64 bug and i have bleed them a million different times. i have adjusted the brakes but the peadle still goes to the floor. this is my first vw. so is there a trick to them or what?
Spend a little time with the search button on this forum. there must be 100 threads on the proper way to bleed VW brakes on this website.