TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: canoe rack for 1977 Riveria
larrydeville Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Can anyone recommend a company/website to go to to get a canoe- roof rack for our 77 Riviera camper? I folded the bed down and tried to stuff one inside and its a no go. I would like something that hooks on the rain gutter. Im not into drilling holes. Thx..Larry

longboardskier Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:16 pm

The Thule "Super High Gutter Foot Pack" may work. It's designed to work with Westys, but I know the Riviera's are higher. Says it's an 11" clearance.

http://www.rei.com/product/708013/thule-gutter-foot-pack-super-high-set-of-four

dugfresh Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:13 am

larrydeville wrote: Can anyone recommend a company/website to go to to get a canoe- roof rack for our 77 Riviera camper? I folded the bed down and tried to stuff one inside and its a no go. I would like something that hooks on the rain gutter. Im not into drilling holes. Thx..Larry

What type of Riviera do you have? Tin top or Pop up? Drilling holes in the side of the fiberglass pop up won't cause leaking into your interior if its done on the side since that is outside of the tent. Sealing the holes properly with urethane caulk or rubber washers will keep any water from infiltrating regardless.

The riviera top fits down into the gutters on most tops that I've seen so it may cause some clearance issues there...

And of course,.. Post some pics so we can see what you're dealing with.. besides, we want to see your ride!

larrydeville Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Thx for the info....Im going to have to check it out. Thankyou for taking the time to help...Larry.

dugfresh Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Just to back up my statement... I'm about to drill holes in my rivi top now for my kayak rack.

I have a spare top so if I screw up I guess I could just swap tops! Lawl.

How did your canoe rack work out? Which way did you go?