TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: car stolen, please keep an eye out for parts Page: 1, 2  Next
kielbasa Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Stolen from my driveway between 8pm 6/6/14 till 9:30sm 6/7/14. In west covina/walnut/roland heights area. Car was not running. Only had one intake and 48 ida on driver side. 2332 jeff denham heads 46x40 giant ports. Fred simpson castings. Home made black ceramic coated "sidewinder" header 1 7/8". Centerline wheels, 225/70/15 Michelins in the rear, nankang 145s in the front. 5 inch narrowed beam with shock towers. Willwood disc brakes in front. Gene berg shifter. Front driver fender has head light pushed in. Black plate zsh868

Car was not running and missing an intake and carburetor, please look out for parts.

kielbasa Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Heads are stamped something like me&me+JD. Also have either KB or kielbasa stamped on heads. I think the castings are called SHO's? The one intake that is on there is a heavily welded skat trak with kielbasa stamped on flange on carb side.

rs58rag Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:34 pm

Absolutely hate thieves... Hope you find bug...check with neighbors and ask if they have surveillance cameras set up.

Howard 111 Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:12 pm

That sucks. A nice looking bug. I hope you can track it down. :(

kielbasa Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Trans was a built swing axle, it had alot of sentimental value throughout my ve club and friends, it had the gears from the famous mark herbert supet shit box. Case is black, dual fake red anodized hd side covers, chrome axle tubes. If backing plates are still attsched, rear shoes are woven pads.Another one of those hard to miss recognizable parts

bugguy1967 Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Yeah, SHOs. That sucks. Such nice parts... So I'm guessing they pushed it or towed it? Without it running, I'd bet they're real close to where you live.

Try and get the word out at all local spots. Maybe someone will see those parts.

bugguy1967 Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:21 pm

You make beams? People go to your house to pick them up? It's probably someone you've met.

I gotta remember when I re-do my car that the first thing I need to do is come up with some anti-theft solutions.

kielbasa Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Never had anyone come to my house. Work is done at shop. I got everyonr I know telling people... posting on fb. Ect... im going to go to the prado park vw show in chino tomorrow to look. Please keep an eye out on the classifieds. Something could pop up... never know. Im so heart broken. I never did get a chance do a pass with new motor. Only on the street. Which was a bit scary fast.. :(

Ive talked to neighbors withbout much help

miniman82 Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Not to point out the obvious, but it was only a matter of time till someone took off with it. Leave good stuff outside, someone's bound to at least try. Good luck getting it back, it probably all turned into meth already.

SBD Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:33 pm

:( ASSHOLES! :evil:

kielbasa Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Here are some more pics of parts that are mine

kielbasa Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Car was spotted few days after stolen, on a trailer stripped of motor and decklid@ 2:30 am. Going passed scales. Chp was notified by guy who saw but they didnt do a damn thing. Unfortunately the guy who spotted was working in a street sweeper and while he had it floored. Wasnt able to get close enough to get plates.

So please keep an eye out for parts,being sold or on someone elses car. Its still hard to deal with losing it.

midtravelmidengine Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Passed which scales going which direction?

left_coast*9 Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Good questions ^ any more info?

kielbasa Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:24 pm

South 15/215 freeways. Truck was mid-late 80s ford white and red pick up.

midtravelmidengine Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:45 pm

kielbasa wrote: South 15/215 freeways. Truck was mid-late 80s ford white and red pick up.

So headed south past the Rainbow scales in Fallbrook? Lets hope its still in san Diego somewhere but it might be in mexico by now :(

smkn_vw Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:54 pm

kielbasa wrote: Chp was notified by guy who saw but they didnt do a damn thing.
Damn cops good for nothing no wonder many refuse to pay taxes. Do you know anyone in DMV or any buddies that may know maybe they can help, any help is good.

kielbasa Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:21 pm

I guess so, I wasnt the one who spotted it, but seems right. And yes that is out tax dollars at work.. all they had to do was keep an eye out for a passing trailer with bug, and look at it. Would either have my vin, or ground down which would be a huge red flag. It was perfect scenario to get it back, except our law enforcement didnt do their job.

Stripped66 Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:27 pm

So sorry to hear :cry:
I hope you get any and all of it back. It especially sucks to have anything you've put your hard work and soul into stolen out from under you :evil:

MarvinNash Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:07 pm

miniman82 wrote: Not to point out the obvious, but it was only a matter of time till someone took off with it. Leave good stuff outside, someone's bound to at least try. Good luck getting it back, it probably all turned into meth already.

You are a jackass. Let's blame the victim instead of the POS thieves who stole it. SMH :roll:

To the original poster, I Hope you get your shit back or at least justice.