TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: TPS on 40 IDF's
Bobalos Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:08 am

I noticed on CB's site that they had a TPS for their EFI setup, & called & talked with one of the guys there & he took a couple of quick measurements for me. while its designed for their EFI TB's, it actually fits the Throttle shaft of the IDF's VERY well. The Adapter that I bought is CB p/n 5010 TPS Adapter. I also bought the TPS that they sell, CB p/n 7159.

Here is the Adapter slid onto the Throttle shaft. this is actually the front side of the passenger side carb

I built a bracket that would allow me to slide the TPS onto the adapter on the shaft. please ignore the screw lengths that are all wrong, this is when I was mocking it all up. It also occured to me that if I pressed some PEM's into the bracket from the carb side the assy would be very easy, but I never got around to making V3.0. LOL.

Im running an Innovate LM2 WBO2. to power the TPS Im using the analog output from the LM2 & feeding the output back into the analog input. what I did was to configure the analog output such that any time the WBO2 has an output that is from the lowest AFR reading to the highest AFR reading to output 4.999 to 5.000. so pretty much any time there is a valid reading on the O2 sensor the LM2 is putting out 5 volts. Of course @ idle you dont get zero nor 5 VDC @ WOT, but its consistent & tells me what I need to know.

Here is how I wired it.

Tbirdusa Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:30 am

Color me dumb, but why are you doing this? Are you going efi and using the 40's as the TB's?

Bobalos Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:40 am

so I can log TPS, RPM & O2's to dial in the carbs. I thought about logging vacuum as well, but ran out of time.

Bob

Tbirdusa Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Got it. Wasn't putting 2 & 2 together

itHaKa Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Bobalos wrote: so I can log TPS, RPM & O2's to dial in the carbs. I thought about logging vacuum as well, but ran out of time.

Bob

you could also go distributorless via megasquirt for ignition only and get load via tps + rpm from a triggerwheel/sensor plus Alpha Ns
i got the tps from aircooled.net , expensive and at that time wasnt for idfs..

your way is far better ...