TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Key Sets
yelobug Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:32 am

Anyone ever had a potential buyer to ask about the "Key Sets" and then ask for a picture of them? is that a red flag or a legit request?

one4house Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:51 am

yelobug wrote: Anyone ever had a potential buyer to ask about the "Key Sets" and then ask for a picture of them? is that a red flag or a legit request?

It's the buyer local? Do they know where the car is?

I had a person make the keys for my car via a set of pictures. I just don't want them to do the same and come steal your car.

I don't want to alarm you, but I wanted you to know it can be done. There is a person here in the classifieds that sells vw emblem keys. He only required a picture of my key to make me a set of the emblem keys.

ALLWAGONS Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:14 am

Excuse me for butting in, but who in their right mind would scan a copy of their keys and send a pic of it? I don't care if you are Rambo or can if you have a fortress, it is just one of those things you don't do. It is confidential information.

yelobug Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks guys, I thought it was a strange request. Don't know if local or not. He replied via The Samba on my add. My thoughts exactly about being able to copy a key by a picture.

Mike Fisher Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Tell him to come see it in person with his cash.

KTPhil Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Tell him you will if he sends a copy of his signature, social security card, DL number, credit cards and expiration dates. Oh, also those little 3-digit codes on the back.

But first, he has to send the payment money to that Nigerian prince.

EverettB Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:18 pm

He asked for a photo of your keys?

NO WAY