TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: best price ?? dual 40 hpmx carbs
laughlin Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Who has the best price on dual 40 hpmx carb kits. I've seen a lot if different dales bit alot of kits look different. Mainly the linkage bar or the air cleaner. So where and what do I need to watch for.

Casting Timmy Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:42 pm

I found a set of webers super cheap otherwise if I would have bought new I was looking at Carcraft and their HPMX kits.

Brian Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:47 pm

I imagine everyone is selling the exact same thing with a different label in the same box. I think appletree had an aight price through Amazon.

mark tucker Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:00 pm

there a re differrent kits, std&delux the std has crome air cleaners and the std intakes, the delux has the aluminum air cleaners and big beef intakes so you can port the living shitt out of them.the std intakes can be ported a little before requiring welding,I have 3 sets of big beef intakes. my chrome aircleaners are very old...and beleave it or not no rust!!! on a baja style car(no rear) no engine hood/bonnett/lid etc,no wing either. I do have a vynel cover for when it's raining...when I remember. also you need to get a pair of outer wears they keep the air cleaners extreamly clean. I also bend the stacks so they dont eat the filters,wish they had aluminum stacks like the webblers.or better yet ANGLED SO THEY DONT EAT THE FILTERS,AND A KNOTCH SO YOU CAN REMOVE THE MAINS!!! sorry for the rant, I know... nobody is listening.
If I recall correctly I got mine in 2003 or 2004, first gen 44's.from some forgin place in cali.they tried to talk me out of them, all 40's they sold were junk according to them. My 44's are great. and empi sent me a jet package so I could jet them right!!!! I told empi they were great but just needed jetting for my motor so they sent 5 sizes I requested of mains&idles. They got hear in 2 days and it was running smooth& fast in an hour. I think they have all the "BUGS" worked out now, I also have a newer set for my 2394 cc going into my 356.cant afford efi...yet.... and dont have the brains to program it if I did... :shock:

SBD Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:42 am

If you want to run a stock fan shroud with fresh air heat tubes you'll need the deluxe kit with the offset manifolds. I think the cheapest kit (the one with the standard manifolds and chrome air cleaners) will only fit with a 36 horse style fan shroud.