TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Need bullet signal screws
sprbxr Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:38 am

I'm having trouble finding bullet signal screws. Wolfsburg West and Bustoration don't have them in stock. Anyone know where I can get them?

Justin
57 scab

Eric&Barb Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:49 am

Any good threaded fastener supply shop should be able to get such for you.

Just check the size and type in the parts reference manual and take that info to your FSS.

http://oacdp.org/

brokevwguy Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:28 am

I was having same problem. What size are they? I went to a fastener shop and they gave me 4mm but they do not seem to fit right. Then I found them on vwvintageparts.com for $1.50 but shipping was calculated at $15.00 which is crazy. Finally, I found them at wagon werks for $5.00 including shipping.

LAGrunthaner Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:41 am

They have lots of small hardware thanks :wink:

https://www.wagen-werks.com

brokevwguy wrote: I was having same problem. What size are they? I went to a fastener shop and they gave me 4mm but they do not seem to fit right. Then I found them on vwvintageparts.com for $1.50 but shipping was calculated at $15.00 which is crazy. Finally, I found them at wagon werks for $5.00 including shipping.

Alan Brase Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:50 pm

sprbxr wrote: I'm having trouble finding bullet signal screws. Wolfsburg West and Bustoration don't have them in stock. Anyone know where I can get them?

Justin
57 scab
You mean the two tiny ones that hold the steel cover on?
Does anybody have advice for getting out broken ones? My Wolfsburg single cab has that problem.
Any advice?
I've drilled and tapped quite a few broken off fasteners. Still looking for advice!
Thanks for the heads up on Wagen werks.
Al

Eric&Barb Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Alan Brase wrote:
Does anybody have advice for getting out broken ones? My Wolfsburg single cab has that problem.
Any advice?
I've drilled and tapped quite a few broken off fasteners. Still looking for advice!

Then step up and buy a set of LH drill bits. Do soak the remains with a good penetrating oil for a few days at least, and start out as small as a drill bit as you can. Usually with the bit is tearing/cutting into the screw remains, and the vibration/heat produced, the screw remains will break loose of the corrosion. If the first drill does not work, then move up a size or perhaps two, and drill again.