TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Bug eye front fenders
surfer510 Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:15 am

I need to source some new fenders and possibly a hood for my project. Nothing I've found or ordered seems to match up with the nose and fenders don't seem to ride the right way. Anyone have any suggestions or does anyone have any NOS old school ones hanging around. Thanks for your time either way.[/list][/quote]

BUGGUTZ Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:54 pm

I have yet to see a set of front fenders that match right up. Usually have to bend them some and the hoods never seem to have the right arc to line up with the steel up front.

surfer510 Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:58 pm

Yeah I've been doing that but they are like more "flat" at the top of the fender. The original fenders were possibly the miller-havens or early flared empi Baja fenders and none want to cooperate, no matter how much massaging I do.

BugZyla.com Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:33 am

I have installed wide eye kits from both glass-action.com and markvfiberglass.com both places make very nice fiberglass. Im sure the bug eye stuff is just as good, but it is fiberglass and will need some persuasion.

surfer510 Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:32 am

Thanks for the replies back. I'm just gonna order both and see what happens thats pretty much the last piece of the puzzle. So ready to get this going, and once again thanks to everyone on HBB board its been great learing the Baja side of life, kinda like it over here lol.