TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Michigan ++ St. Helen Trail Ride ++ Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
dowha Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Moved from another posting...

" IF " I (dowha, Lucky 7-11, Cow Bug Baja, John) Was To Plan A..

"FAMILY Buggy Ride" For A Day Or Two, Of Off Road / Trail Riding Around The St. Helen Area Trails....

1- When ? ............. :?: JULY 26th. 27th. :?: ..... -OR- When :?: :?: :?:
2- Who ?
3- A Saturday Only -OR- & Sunday?
4- How Far Of A Ride, A Day? (Hours -OR- Miles)
5- How Often To Stop?
6- Pack A Lunch Or Plan, Food & Fuel Stops? (Town)
7- ? ? ? What Else ? ? ?

******************** MY RULES ***********************
ORV Routes, Seasonal Roads, Gravel Roads, Some Pavement..

Must Be: Street Licensed & (both) ORV Stickers ...

Vehicle "READY" For The Trails... Hopefully, No Breakdowns...

Again This Would Be A "Family" Ride..

No :agrue: ... No Drinking ... No Drugs...

If Interested, please reply..

One suggestion is for a Fall Color Tour...

Again, "IF" :-k

Vanapplebomb Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Man, I wish I wasn't up at Michigan Tech this summer, otherwise I would totally come along!

A fall color tour would also be awesome. I love trails in the beauty of the fall colors.

BUGGUTZ Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Bummer for me, all my July weekends are booked. As well as the woodward cruise saturday in Aug. Otherwise i'm in.

fireemtdave Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:20 pm

We'd be interested but aren't street legal. :cry:

dowha Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:21 pm

GUTZ.. Got your parts +.. Heading up Tuesday... :lol:

BUGGUTZ Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Awesome! Thanks John. fireemtdave, where are you from?

md perf Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:44 pm

should an august or September date be a good thing?

dowha Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:27 pm

I'm up for just about anytime...

Summertime is hard to get a bunch of people together all at the same time..

That's why I made the post, just to see "IF"..

It's hard to get from one trail to another trail, gas, or food without being street legal..

The laws have changed for quads, dirt bikes and even golf carts riding on the shoulder of the road.. Not sure how they feel about buggies?

There are a couple of trails that hook up and could make a good day of riding...

oldschool5er Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:33 pm

I would be in for Aug or Sept all day run. I have family in Clarkston and last fall while staying there went up to Mackinaw then came back down and got off at St.Helen's. I found the airport road but I was leery about pursuing further because it looked like I was going down a private road so I gave up. I had my 4x4 then but I was planning on trailering up my Baja which is street legal to explore so this would be a good opportunity.

fireemtdave Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:44 pm

We're in Waldron, MI. I have friends that ride their RZR in St. Helen. They have lots of fun.

dowha Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Oldschool...

If & when you make your planed trip to Michigan.. PM me.. :wink:

dowha Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Fire Dave..

might be able to check with the Local county mounties, on driving a buggy down the shoulder of the road...

2trackrat Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:19 pm

I'm interested in doing a trail ride. my weekend is thur. fri. sat. and if needed sundays my buggy is legal and reliable just need an ORV sticker.

JabaDubRider Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:55 am

I would love to but have Limited vacation days for an up north cruise. Dowha if your up there for Labor day weekend I'm only 50 minutes from ya we could meet at houghton lake or Roscommon to ride.

InkyLewis Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:47 am

I would like to join you guys on a trail ride on of these days, unfortunately I have to work the weekend of the 26th. Might be able to do the a Labor Day run I will keep watching for any updates. I am street legal and all my stickers.

dowha Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:22 am

JJ...

Labor Day is questionable for me (right now)..

Did I see your rail parked @ the Fire Station (on Livingston) a week or so ago???

dowha Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:33 am

Inky... check JJ post about Labor Day..

I just picked the 26th / 27th out of the air... :roll: I think we are done with Birthday's, Grad. Parties, and hopefully Dr.'s for the summer.

I

My schedule is now open We can meet most anytime, let me know..

BUGGUTZ Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:22 pm

I think if there was a group of us maybe one or two " non streeters" would be mostly undetectable. If you look the part and drive respectably who will care. Assuming its a short run down through town. I wouldnt do it in Houghton lake area though. Anytime I run a questionable vehicle where I shouldnt I bring my kid. He has gotten us let go a few times LOL!

dowha Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:15 pm

That wouldn't work for me GUTZ... My youngest is your age... LOL

JabaDubRider Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

dowha wrote: JJ...

Labor Day is questionable for me (right now)..

Did I see your rail parked @ the Fire Station (on Livingston) a week or so ago???

Yeah thats mine. I bring it to work on Mondays, Weather permitting!