TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Seat Installation Questions
electronictofu Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Ive been so focused on the entire build I forgot I need seats! Ha. Which is getting close. These are what came in my Bus. They were in-place, but not mounted in. Im not sure what they are originally out of or if I may be missing some parts. I may keep these further down the line or get and have them re-upholstered, but for now I just want to get them in and safe as I am approaching drivability. Any thoughts on these ol' thangs? They do have some shotty little welds on the bottom. I have a MIG if need be. Any tips appreciated...

joe56vw Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm

look like baywindow seat to me

electronictofu Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:31 pm

joe56vw wrote: look like baywindow seat to me I felt like they were Bay too. Just from the style. But I dont know alot about stock seats. Hmmm.

EverettB Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Adjustment handle on the front like that is Bay

electronictofu Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:10 am

EverettB wrote: Adjustment handle on the front like that is Bay

So, better question ... :)
Can these suckers fit? The tracks actually seem to line up fairly well. I think the track maybe was a split, welded on? Seeing how they're are shotty looking welds? If they work for a while to get me going I'll use em...

KombiMadness Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:38 am

Anything can fit with modification but I think you should source some splitty seats and go back to stock - it will just look better!

Hard to tell from your photo, but looks like you have a walk through. Get some split walk through seats......

But it's your bus :D

BarryL Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:14 am

To me it looks like someone tacked on a Split bottom to a Bay seat. If it slides on then go for it.

electronictofu Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:17 am

BarryL wrote: To me it looks like someone tacked on a Split bottom to a Bay seat. If it slides on then go for it. I think so too. The track seems to line up really well. I think the seat in the photo is the driver side? Can anyone tell? I will be getting split seats or aftermarket at some point.

BarryL Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:57 am

dcketh put up this Bay seat picture as a '71. I think the adjustables are only the driver side, on earlier Bays, at least.

Z Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:29 pm

electronictofu wrote: I think the seat in the photo is the driver side? Can anyone tell? I will be getting split seats or aftermarket at some point.

Can't tell you about the seat, but the track is driver's side only in splits.