TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1979 Riviera
Silverboot Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Well, I have been lurking in here for a couple of weeks now, and felt it was time to put some images of my recently acquired 79 Riviera. She just sort of fell into my possession, so i really don't know what i want to do with it yet.
There are some minor issues that i want to address first, sliding door isn't working properly, driver side door won't unlock with the key, the wipers are a mess (luckily i live in Vegas, so need the wipers twice a year), and turn signals aren't operating (light is solid on dash that it is engaged, but not blinking), but it runs like a champ, so no stress there.
Suggestions are welcome, and any of you other Riviera owners out there, feel free to chime in, finding info on these guys seems to be few and far between other than builds on the forum here.

Scott

Skoolieman Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Cool Riviera. Its cool you still have the original interior in there!

Silverboot Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Skoolieman wrote: Cool Riviera. Its cool you still have the original interior in there!

Thanks,
There is a piece missing behind the passenger seat that looks to have been connected to the propane tank, so i have to assume that there was a stove in there at one point. Seems there were quite a few configs, so not really sure what it looked like. Trying to piece it all together.