TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Accurate Trout Blue or Bernina Blue Sherwin Williams Code?
Mscdman Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:00 pm

I've seen the codes listed here:

http://www.thegoldenbug.com/en/vw_technical_articles/d109/karmann_ghia_paint_codes

For PPG. However I need Sherwin Williams. When I have them match the color is 1000x different.

1) does anyone by chance have the correct SW codes for trout blue or Bernina blue?

2) would either of these colors look ok with a black convertible top and black interior?

Mike Fisher Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:24 pm

I would just pick a Sherwin Williams paint chip closest to Pacific or Bermuda Blue and go with their mix if I wanted a blue. I'd probably go with a light gray or cream with a black top? Custom tinting to please your eye is a a big waste of time/money too. IMHO

Mscdman Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:54 am

Yes but I have no idea what the actual color is to even try to match it to...

I don't have a part etc to match to.....

Mike Fisher Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:16 pm

If you had better worded your question & posted this pic somebody could tell us what it is? My square was repainted diamond blue on the exterior & it is a close enough match to the original diamond blue interior paint.

c21darrel Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Trout Blue. PM Javier Munoz (his ghia) about color

Contact EddieRay re Bernina Blue

Mscdman Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks! I don't quite understand what Mike Fischer was saying (wrong post?) but I will contact those members above