TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1971 Turn Signal Bulb Holder...
NCdad Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:43 pm

So I was trying to figure out why my Driver side Turn Signal / Park Light / Flasher wasnt working when all others did.

traced the wire all the way to the font and ended up taking the lens off and the housing to see if power was getting there...

the bulb holder had one of the clips missing so the bulb wasnt getting a tight fit against the contacts

closer:

Just to make sure, I zip tied it to test it, and everything worked fine... of course I can't leave a zip tie around it, so I have to find a replacement...
Checked WW, Jbugs, Busted Bus... but no luck.

Any suggestions on a fix or where a replacement could be had?

tubdub Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:46 pm

i might have 1. i will let you know tomorrow

ccpalmer Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:37 am

http://www.eisparts.com/211953051M.html

aeromech Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 am

If it was me I'd just epoxy the plastic housing in place on the reflector assembly and be done with it. The only reason it's not working now is because one of the clips broke off.

Tcash Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Is this the one you need?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1538607

Terminatez Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:19 pm

What would be the proper name for this?

I'm trying to find the plastic piece alone without the whole metal/aluminum piece.

aeromech Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:44 pm

You'd call it a bulb holder but I don't think they're available by themselves. The assembly is called a tail light bucket.

alman72 Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:40 pm

a tail light bucket? that does not seem like it would be right. could well be, but seems backwards. is this not off the front of the bus? tail light would indicate the rear. damn germans

aeromech Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:10 pm

alman72 wrote: a tail light bucket? that does not seem like it would be right. could well be, but seems backwards. is this not off the front of the bus? tail light would indicate the rear. damn germans

Ah, correct. The subject if for the front. My mistake. The bulb holder for the front are plastic whereas the ones for the rear buckets are metal as I recall. Anyways, Pretty sure a whole new assembly must be purchased

telford dorr Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:13 pm

I patched one of those for a guy. Drill a small hole to the outside of the square retaining hole. Drill a small hole in the bend of the plastic cover. Loop a length of small dia. safety wire through one hole, up the inside of the plastic, out through that hole, back down the outside of the plastic. Draw tight and twist. Fix was solid. Gave him plenty of time to find a proper replacement.