TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Gaskets
slammed70bug Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:26 am

I was curious is there a big difference in the intake gaskets for dual port. The ones that are on my buggy now are the fiber gaskets with just the 2 port holes. The new ones i just purchased are the fiber ones with the 2 port holes but also have to smaller holes in the middle! are they ok to use with the dual weber 44 carbs. I guess my biggest question is if i put the new gaskets with the extra holes on will it effect my buggy performance. [/img]

sloboatnova Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:41 am

I believe the extra holes are for locating dowels. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Shouldn't be a problem.

Mr.Duncan Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:55 pm

sloboatnova wrote: I believe the extra holes are for locating dowels. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Shouldn't be a problem.

Correct, locating dowels on OEM heads fit into a tiny hole on the OEM dual port end castings.

Its fine if you use the metal gasket with the small little hole without the locating dowel (if you have aftermarket heads)

I dont like the gasket soft type of intake gasket because ive found after 10k miles the hot head cooks this gasket, and it hardens and losses its elasticity.

Either way you are fine though. Dont worry.

Howard 111 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:02 pm

I use the Berg gaskets. They have them individually, or by bulk. Great gaskets.