TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Lost my window glass!!!
green71volks Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Last fall, I completely removed all my door hardware and window glass so I could get the car painted without having to mask around it. I ordered new window rubber, seals and door hardware. I'm ready to reinstall the glass in the doors and now can't find my darn window glass I removed. I remember putting it in safe place where it wouldn't get broke when I removed it. I looked everyplace possible and it still hasn't turned up. I wouldn't think it would be possible to loose 2 big pieces of glass but somehow, I managed to do it. Two months from now when I'm not even looking for it anymore, I'll find it in some odd obscure place. Please tell me I'm not the only one to loose something so big. It's really annoying because I really wanted to get my windows done this week.

drscope Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:18 pm

As soon as you replace it and have the new glass installed, you'll find it.

hitest Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Glad I'm not alone. I slid my glass between two spaced cabinets in my basement. I'd have forgotten they were there were it not for this thread- thanks!

56Cabrio Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:33 pm

I had four 52-55 window winders and two door handles with escutcheons on my vert. Took the door and quarter panels off to give to someone about 2 years ago and cant find the winders, handles and escutcheons for the life of me. :oops:

drscope Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Sometimes I get so frustrated looking for stuff I can't find I think about quitting cool cars. Just getting rid of them all and going back to the kind of normal stuff my neighbors drive.

But then I know as soon as the last cool car left I would start finding all the cool parts I had collected and I wouldn't have a cool ride to save them for.

167luckycharm Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:53 pm

When searching for a part or tool in my shop, I typically find something that I was looking for (and gave up) awhile back. So I make it a point that whenever I can't find what I'm looking for, I look for something else that I misplaced earlier...and like magic, I find another item that was missing, plus the part or tool I was searching for in the first place!
Good luck!
John Mr.009

Anthonyisawsome Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Haha few weeks ago I was putting my windows in. Put the side windows in and the back in. Go to put the front one in, where the hell is it?? There was two places it could of been and I checked there. So like I always do go and yell at my mom for moving it.... (She never touches my stuff I just think she does) So she comes outside and im like where the hell did you move it to. Well I glimpse a piece of glass in the corner of my eye, and she sees that I saw it. Guess what it was the front window. So I apologized and felt stupid :oops: I had taken the window out a few days before and set it on a tarp. Thought I had taken it out months ago. Whatever went to put it in and I cracked it.... ohh well. Found a replacement for $30 no big deal.
So yes you are not the only one who has lost a huge piece of glass. I looked for mine for an hour and I just so happened to be stepping over it while I was looking for it. :lol: :lol:

56Cabrio Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 pm

56Cabrio wrote: I had four 52-55 window winders and two door handles with escutcheons on my vert. Took the door and quarter panels off to give to someone about 2 years ago and cant find the winders, handles and escutcheons for the life of me. :oops:

Found :lol: My kids never seen an LP (record) so i went in my shed to look for some of my old Ozzy albums and there they were hiding from me :shock:

scotth17 Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 am

My buddy at work was building a 87 Toyota pickup and stayed up late one night removing all the door panels and interior trim. He put them all in trash bags to keep them clean while he did bodywork. He went to work the next day and his wife put them all out for the trash man... :shock:

ALLWAGONS Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:29 pm

I bought a '56 oval, when I cleaned the interior I found a weird hinge that didn't fit anywhere. I placed it in my hardware bin. A few months later I found out it was a oval coat hook that swivels. I have never found it again. The same thing happened to my early type 3 front license plate brackets.

6T5 square Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:12 pm

I Had an auto painter lose a rear fender on me. I still don't understand how. He found it right after I hunted down an original one.

shortride Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 am

I know exactly where you left it. It's right where you put it. Been there done that.

fred69vert Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 am

They will be in the last place you look. If you keep on looking, something is wrong with you.

Just joking.