TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Deluxe Trim End Caps?
Andrew Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:51 pm

So I haven't had end caps on my deluxe trim since I bought my bus 13 years ago. Bought some of the repop ones from WW a few years ago and am just now getting around to replacing the insert and the end caps... And I'm finding that some of them don't fit. VW apparently didn't use the same end caps all the way around the bus. Like on the short piece between the front door and cargo doors, the end cap is too long. I just cut a bit off, no problem. But on the front of the rear quarter piece on the passenger side, the screw hole is in the middle of the two holes in the end cap? And on the rear hatch, they just plain aren't long enough to reach the first screw hole? Where can I buy some end caps that are made from originals (or can I even buy them?)?

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=241853579

Eric&Barb Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Did you try a search of the classifieds for "End Caps"?

Found quite a few for sale in there.....

Andrew Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 am

Eric&Barb wrote: Did you try a search of the classifieds for "End Caps"?

Found quite a few for sale in there.....

I was hoping to find them new somewhere, but this seems like my only bet. Thanks for the advice.

Eric&Barb Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:15 am

Glad to help! Did you contact WW to see if they have updated the 14 pc kit?

Andrew Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:09 am

Eric&Barb wrote: Glad to help! Did you contact WW to see if they have updated the 14 pc kit?

I did e-mail them. They have not updated the kit. They still recommend just modifying the end caps they sent.

Eric&Barb Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Then at the least they should update the description! :roll: