TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 14th Annual Van-O-Rama 09/07/14 in South San Francisco
BenT Syncro Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 pm

In case you haven't seen Stacy's announcement due to the subjectline, it's that time of the year again.

WHAT: Van-O-Rama #14

WHEN: SUNDAY, 09/07/14
12:00pm-dusk

WHERE: Alta Loma Park
350 Camaritas
So. San Francisco
CA 94080

Please use the above address so you end up in the SOUTH PARKING LOT. Camaritas will deadend into the parking lot.

There are public restrooms at the far end of the park and also west side at the concession stands. The park is dog friendly but please keep your pet on a leash. There is 1/3 mile walking/jogging path, basketball court, tennis courts, baseball diamond, and open field for soccer.

There are BBQ grills on both ends of the fields which like everything in the park is first come first serve basis. The exception is if you see an official notice in the area. Reservations are possible but not recommended. They are usually available for free.

Since we are not obtaining a permit to use the park, this is officially an informal GTG, if anyone asks. We've never had any issues for the years that we've held the event there. SSFPD had dropped in on occasion but usually satisfied with my explanations. That's "older enthusiasts who don't rev their engines or burn rubber to piss off the local residents":-)

If you plan on selling some spare parts, please be discrete and try not to make this look like a swap meet. I'm being a SA stainless steel auxiliary tank for those interested on getting one. There is a group purchase running for the tanks and rear ladders on the Vanagon Owners Group in Facebook but those will arrive too late for VOR.

Please do not hesitate to email should have any questions and/or concerns. I am recovering from a recent illness but should be able to enjoy the day with you.

BenT
sent from my stents