TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Accelerator pump confusion
chubby53 Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Need help setting my acc pumps on my weber 44 idf's. I have the nuts turned in quite a bit for it not to stumble off idle. Is there a factory setting for these or some base setting to start at then stArt adjusting or ???? What's the relation between acc pumps and idle and main jet sizing? I would like for my engine to be snappy off idle, but it still seems slow and boggy.
1835. Cam??? Rockers?? How do I tell what ratio those are? If I pull my oil pump would I be able to tell what kind of cam it has? I think it's stock heads just cut to 90.5. Jets on the carbs right now are 32 vents, 140 main, 60 idle, and 195 air. F11 tubes. I'm so lost this sucks. Been posting on different issues for a while now. Sorry to be all over the place. Just looking for help. Unfortunately there are no performance Vw shops anywhere close to where I live to get anwsers. Thanks

theDrew Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:35 am

back the nut all the way off and I just start turning it like 1/2 or 1/4 of a turn until the stumble is almost gone.

this should be done LAST if your trying to pick your jets.

chubby53 Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:15 pm

okay thanks. i'll give it a try. with it being dual carbs, do both at the same time, or do one and then the other and watch the carbs individually for stall? thanks again

theDrew Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Do them at the same time. The key to a smooth engine is all 4 cylinders acting the exact same.