TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: engine wiring help
lil_azza Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:03 am

So as ur looking into engine bay on ur left i have a spare black wire thats long? Where does this go??
And on the right a have a cable that has a black and blue and green wire coming through where do these go?
Also directly under the regulator i have a very short unplugged brown wire where does this go?
I have carb that needs wiring and oil pressure
What wires should be going to the coil?
Have a Bentley but stupidly i left that at home :/

williamM Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:54 am

Probably going to need to know if its a T1 or T4 motor and carb or FI--

long black (with fuze?) maybe back up lights pics would be even better and tec has some good wiring dia.

lil_azza Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:16 am

sorry dude its a t1 with a single solex h30 31pict
the left has wires plumbed into the lights and a single black cable
right side. is these ...

lil_azza Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:51 am

so i sorted the carb wiring,
and the blue/green wire coming from the right side (battery side) goes to oil pressure switch
what im left with is a black cable from the left side that comes from a different loom part to the light wiring,
and a black cable that comes from the same part of loom as the blue/green and is about the same length
what im thinking is that the black cable from same loom as blue\green is the one that goes to the coil?
Does this sound correct?
also i have a brown wire only long enough to connect to the regulator, where would this connect? onto the large spade connection?

the problem i have is that i bought the van with no engine or box and its had a new loom partially fitted prior to me buying.
so i still need to wire most of the dash up so i cant really connect battery to trace.
would a new loom have a wire or 2 not needed? im guessing it has?