TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1981 T3 Doka X-military Page: 1, 2  Next
Cheron Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Hello guys!

Here is my x military Doka from the Norwegian defense. 2 liter air cooled, CU engine code.

Mounted red Koni shocks and preliminary standard springs that the previous owner has modified. Not sure if they are cut or crimped. :roll:

The plan is H & R 45mm lowering springs.

Had these "Fuchs" lying in the basement that was supposed to another car.

Chose to put these on this instead. 7,5X16 with 195-55 front and 215-55 rear.

The plan for the car is to use it as a year-round while my Bay gets rest of winter :lol:

Otherwise, the plan is to just use the car and enjoy life! 8)

Merian Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Norwegian??

does the engine have square heads?

Cheron Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Yes, from Norwegian Military.

The engine in the Bay have square heads, so I think this one have the same. Because the engine in my Bay are from a T3 81 model.

I have not been under the engine yet...

Cheron Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Today I wanted to try without a tent on the car :)

The car works very well and look forward to winter to test it properly.

fraggle00 Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Very cool rig!

Crankey Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:26 pm

looks fantastic !!

greggearhead Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Very Nice.

Looks like a smaller bolt pattern - are those 5x112?

Cheron Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Yes, the rims are, 5x112.. 7,5x16 et 35..

5 mm spacer front and nothing rear.

greggearhead Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Can I ask where you got them, or if they were custom machined?

Cheron Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:37 am

greggearhead wrote: Can I ask where you got them, or if they were custom machined?

I got them from here;

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/

howardvw Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:02 am

cool truck. can i see more pics of the tent? it looks like a stock material/color but the fit seams a little larger/looser and thicker even. awesome.

im wondering if its an air cooled model tent, and if such a thing.

Cheron Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:15 am

The tent is made in Norway :)

I don't have more info. This tent was follow the car, and found it inside the car then I was home :)

howardvw Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:56 am

sorry, the upright canopy, not the bed cover.

i just checked out the site, looks like upholsterers, and theres a t5 truck i think- in the pics on the site. thanks.

Cheron Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:04 am

howardvw wrote: sorry, the upright canopy, not the bed cover.

i just checked out the site, looks like upholsterers, and theres a t5 truck i think- in the pics on the site. thanks.

The tent is packed down and put in storage. But took some pictures anyway. Can also take better pictures when I mount it on the car if there is interest in it.

As far as I know, this is the Norwegian product designed for these cars. Simply patent that you see in the pictures.

howardvw Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:20 am

Wow check these pics of a stock unit. 1 piece hoops. Does your metal pieces fit in the treasure area? My only complaint of the tent is I can't store it underneath otherwise rubber heavy duty highway speeds no problem.

Cheron Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:32 am

I found one more pic in my cellphone...

Bman Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Sweet ride.I like that the tilt (tent) frame packs down, which is different than the stock frame which has large one piece forward and rear frames and individual poles running between each. Would love to see the interior of the Doka too.

Cheron Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:07 am

Bman wrote: Sweet ride.I like that the tilt (tent) frame packs down, which is different than the stock frame which has large one piece forward and rear frames and individual poles running between each. Would love to see the interior of the Doka too.

Some pics...

Cheron Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:41 am

Today it was a small fishing and lunch in the free. Awesome day with friends .. :D

Cheron Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Happens a bit here :D

Have purchased a set Solex 36-40 pict carburetors to replace the original carburetors.

Do not have IDF 40 carbs on this because it will be used in winter up to 25 minus. So it is important that the choke is working perfectly.

Engine block heater and interior heater is mounted 8)