TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: A/C Temperature Switch/Potentiometer
TommyBoyGomes Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:49 am

Hey all,

I'm having trouble sourcing a new A/C temperature switch that installs into the dash and attaches to the knob with the icicle on it. I guess it's more of a potentiometer/rheostat than a switch now that I think about it... None of the usual outfits like bus depot, gowesty, van-cafe, etc seem to have any in stock. Does anyone know of a place that sells them? Thanks.

Terry Kay Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:02 am

Try VW parts

crazyvwvanman Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:19 am

Looks like it was about $35 at the dealer back when they had any. I didn't see any anywhere else either. Used ones are not hard to find though.

Mark

TommyBoyGomes Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:24 am

Thanks, VW parts doesn't have any unfortunately. I'll just have to keep an eye out I guess.

TommyBoyGomes Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Quick follow-up, does anyone know the part number for this piece? If not, is there somewhere where I can look up the part number? I heard that it may have also been used on other volkswagen models that year, so it may make my search easier.

I've already tried another used one and it only works at the maximum (coldest temp) setting, not at any lower setting. I'd like to find a new one if I can, thanks.