TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Best place to purchase replacement parts?
williet57 Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Just recently purchased a 65 Bug and looking for some replacement parts. There are a lot of places to buy parts. What are your favorite and most reliable suppliers for parts ? Thanks

KTPhil Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:40 pm

1) Samba members with good feedback (for original parts)
2) Samba advertisers with good feedback (for new parts)
3) Your local businesses

grandpa pete Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Be aware of the old saying " you get what you pay for...

Recently there was a discussion about hubcaps $14.95.....OR.....$125.00 EACH

I get most of my stuff from www.wolfsburgwest.com
You can go on their website and see clear drawings of parts and get a free catalog with your first order

56Cabrio Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:11 pm

grandpa pete wrote: Be aware of the old saying " you get what you pay for...

Recently there was a discussion about hubcaps $14.95.....OR.....$125.00 EACH

I get most of my stuff from www.wolfsburgwest.com
You can go on their website and see clear drawings of parts and get a free catalog with your first order

X2 Never had a problem with WW.

bdub475 Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Wolfsburg West has the best customer service. I've never had a problem returning anything I've had a problem with.

williet57 Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:33 am

Thanks for the info,looks good

diablosandwich Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:07 am

I too have had very good luck with WW. I also use my local NAPA. You can see what they have available online and they usually have it in a day, with no shipping charges.

vdubmyk Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:10 am

If I'm in a hurry, I use SoCal Imports or German Auto in Santa Fe Springs, Ca. If I plan ahead, I'll make the 30 minute drive to WolfsburgWest. I've been buying from the since 1996!!!

AZ66Bug Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:43 am

We have used WW a lot and the quality is very good. Customer service is excellent as well. I have called a couple of times just to ask questions and they are happy to answer even without a sale. Have used CIP1 too with good success. Some of the parts they carry are from WW! They sometimes offer free shipping and monthly discounts which can save you a little.

dcarlson12 Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 am

Have used CIP1 (California Imports). They have given very good customer service. I live close to them and pick up my parts personally. While waiting to pick up parts, I have listened to their telephone reps giving advise to customers over the phone. Their conversations sometimes lasted many minutes and they were/are very knowledgeable and helpful.

NewVWFan Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:08 am

Wolfsburg West and Cip1 are my prime vendors for most items. There is a lot of crap vw parts out there, JCW for example, so buyer beware.

When it comes to VW's, you get what you pay for.

gt1953 Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:37 am

A lot of the vendors do not carry the NLA (no longer available) unobtanium parts, like the thermostat flaps assembly. The classifieds are your home for item like that. Refurbished VW German part most of the time is way better.