TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: pedal extension set up prob. a dumb question
thresher61 Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:46 am

OK.. .here goes...don't like posting questions Because it shows people how dumb I really am. I'm sure this is a very simple setup but I'm probably making it harder than it is or over thinking it. If I knew how to post pics I would so bear with me I am going to try and explain it. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a throttle pedal extension and a Morse shielded throttle cable. My pedal mount is the deluxe slider and have a separate mounted billet pedal that mounts on the outside bridge on the slider pedal mount. I am in the process of building my sand rail so I have not welded in my seat mounts as of yet. I am kind of waiting to figure out how to set up this adjustable throttle pedal extension in case I need to bolt down my pedals and put in sliders so I can adjust my seats. That's one I have learned not to do ... jump the gun or you'll be doing a lot of cutting grinding and rewelding and buying more parts. I double and triple think everything before I do it. Of course you know what the throttle cable looks like and I have the mounts for the cable clips around and locks the cable in. Now my pedal throttle extension is a block of a small block of aluminum with a slit in the side with a wing nut threaded thru it so you can tighten it up. There is a all threaded rod about 1/8" in diameter going the middle of this block of aluminum. On the end by the block is a coupling that mounts to the cable on the other end is a 360 pivoting mount that bolts to my pedal.
You are suppose to be able to adjust your pedals using this set up. Loosen the wing nut on the block that releases pressure around threaded rod and slide your pedals to adjust them, retighten the wing nut and roll. Has anyone used this before or have a pic of how they have it set up. I was so greatly appreciate any pictures that you might have of this type of setup. I am going to set it up with pedals at farthest position so that will lv me room to adjust for pedals to be adjusted for someone shorter. Again thank anyone for their help you can text/call me at 817-368-1142 or I read this forum every day and will respond

sloboatnova Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Sorry, but we will wanna see pics. Upload them to the samba gallery, then copy and paste the "forum code" link into the post. You will get better responses with pictures.