TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Overnight Parking in Chula Vista
Lotek Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:58 am

Any advice on overnight parking in Chula Vista? I need to attend an early seminar on Friday, so I figured I'd come down from LA the night before to beat traffic.

I'll be near the courthouse on 3rd Ave.

Vehicle is a very presentable 91 Westy w/limo tint and a blackout partition between front seats and interior.

Lotek Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:21 am

Anyone ever stayed overnight at the H street trolly station?

How about 24hr Fitness?

Waldemar Sikorski Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 am

Walmart
Address: 1150 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91911
Phone:(619) 591-4910
Hours:

Open today · Open 24 hours

Tobias Duncan Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:01 am

I wish there were more threads like this and they were better attended.
I have tons of places near taos for folks to camp.
I sure most members know slick little off the map spots around them.

TequilaSunSet Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 am

Tobias Duncan wrote: I wish there were more threads like this and they were better attended.
I have tons of places near taos for folks to camp.
I sure most members know slick little off the map spots around them.

^^This^^

I don't know of slick hide aways in Cali, Nevada, Oregon... but would love too!

vela123321 Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:22 pm

This is a good thread. On my drive up coast 1 all the campgrounds were FULL and I was lucky to have reservations. I ran into another Vanagon owner and he was headed to San Simeon. I was able to direct him to the road just BEHIND the campground that is hidden and he could park without troubling people. It was frustrating being in so many campgrounds and seeing open sites even though they were "full." A ranger once told me to ask if a handicap spot is unassigned and after 6 they usually release them. It's poorly run as gas as I'm concerned. But I'd preference the hidden road off the trail anytime!

noganav Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:52 pm

I tried to make a collaborative map of these places once. Everybody said sticky it, but the mods decided not to or didn't see it maybe and it died.

See this thread if you feel like it should be revived.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589758

rubbachicken Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:05 pm

we're in lemon grove, 15 miles or so north of chula vista, you are welcome to camp here, it's not the quietest place, but i can find you a spot

you'd be better finding somewhere close to the beach, it's very hot here and around chula vista, somewhere near the beach would be a lot cooler