TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: need a dash/console and some panels made any takers
thresher61 Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:30 am

I love reading a your ideas but hate posting it shows my stupidness. I am trying to build a custom gauge console/radio console dashboard type. I also need body panels made from aluminum. I want the panels to be attached to my sand rail by deus fastners. I just do not have the equipment to make the dash or panels. I can do fiberglass but feel it might Crack due to stresses and vibration. How do I attach aluminum panels with deus fasteners to my tube frame sand rail. I know there are tabs with the connectors mounted on it. The sheetmetal tabs that the dezus fasteners lock onto would have to be welded to my frame correct? I want to be able to remove the panel but don't want a bunch of mounts welded all over my frame either. Is it possible or am I wanting something that won't happen. Also or some of you aluminum Fabers out there. Can I cut each side (like front, top both sides, back) of my console/dash In the shape I want then tig weld it together and would I be able to sand it down with my air right angle sander. Very handy with the small right angle sander. I just need some nice round edges. Would that be possible for myself to make a dash. I had a guy that was gonna make me one but ran into partnership problems. But now have the money. I want a pretty intense dash made. Anyone interested n maybe looking at my design and tackle it and trying make it for me I need it a.s.a.p. thanks and please don't bash me too bad. I would like to try and stay around 500.00 and not over 700.00. I know I am going o get bates or my igorance thanks there is always someone that forgets how it is to start out