TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New BMS Upper Control Arms???!!!
SyncroNelly Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:07 pm

I JUST BOUGHT some beautiful race-car RED (not this fancy "anodized") upper control arms for my '87 Syncro less than 3 years ago. (Thanks to the help from people on this website.) People always comment on them because the are so obvious under my white van. Even my husband said they looked nice and he commented on the quality workmanship.

I don't come on the Samba very often, only when I am looking for parts and need advice. But now I see this new advertisement from BMS??? OMG! They look BIONIC! I had no idea that a car part could metamorphose into something so awesome. Now I want those on my car.

I feel like I'm addicted. Obviuosly, I don't need another set. My old control arms still look great and ride as well as the day I bought them. But now I see these and want another set! Do other people have this problem: Buying something really cool for for their van and then constantly wanting to make it even nicer??? Am I becoming a hoarder??

syncrodoka Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:18 pm

They are really flashy. I like that he doesn't just sit on one design and is willing to change features and make upgrades on them.

All of my BMS parts are black just because I prefer for people to not know which are the upgrades. :o

j_dirge Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:21 pm

SyncroNelly wrote: Am I becoming a hoarder??
No.
Hoarders collect all kinds of crap...

You're just addicted to Burley's product
Don't worry.. I have few Ks worth, myself.

Crankey Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

wow, impressive ! syncro I assume. I wonder if he will do 2wd arms as well.

iliketowalk Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:55 pm

The trouble with the 2wd ones is that you need to start with a pretty huge block of aluminum, or make them two piece... That being said, I'm still hoping.

ianf Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:35 am

Very nice piece of work!

BavarianWrench Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:32 am

Those are cool. Looks like less man hours to build a set of the new ones. There are no hand bent and welded parts. I thought the tube arms were sweet. What does a new set cost?

costal_cat Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:51 pm

SyncroNelly wrote: I JUST BOUGHT some beautiful race-car RED (not this fancy "anodized") upper control arms for my '87 Syncro less than 3 years ago. (Thanks to the help from people on this website.) People always comment on them because the are so obvious under my white van. Even my husband said they looked nice and he commented on the quality workmanship.

I don't come on the Samba very often, only when I am looking for parts and need advice. But now I see this new advertisement from BMS??? OMG! They look BIONIC! I had no idea that a car part could metamorphose into something so awesome. Now I want those on my car.

I feel like I'm addicted. Obviuosly, I don't need another set. My old control arms still look great and ride as well as the day I bought them. But now I see these and want another set! Do other people have this problem: Buying something really cool for for their van and then constantly wanting to make it even nicer??? Am I becoming a hoarder??

Buddy of mine just bought a set for his Doka Syncro. Came in today and got a pic on the phone. I'm headed up tuesday and he is installing them and some new rock sliders he just fabricated for me. Then we are off to Overland Expo in Asheville.

They look totally boss, I'm holding off for when I redo all my bushings but I will post some pics of these once installed so we can all drool!!