TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone Heard of Anderson Heads?
midtravelmidengine Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Friend bought a class 5 open baja and got a crate full of engine parts for it.

In the pile of parts was a pair of heads.

Castings : 311.101.376 G

they are ported and have "Anderson Heads" punched into the valve cover gasket surface just onder the intake ports.

Nice chamber shape too, i will get pictures loaded.

anyone have any info on them?

mark tucker Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:11 pm

yup they make heads for top fuell,promods&alcoholl ....V8 stuff :shock: BAE. probably not what you have.... :roll:

midtravelmidengine Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Promised Photos:

all Porting & Chambers appear to be by hand

udidwht Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:26 pm

midtravelmidengine wrote: Promised Photos:

all Porting & Chambers appear to be by hand

Of all the places to place your name :roll:

midtravelmidengine Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:18 am

Bump!

No one?

I guess i just assumed if you spent the time to stamp your name into a set of heads it would be more than a one off garage job... :lol:

[email protected] Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 am

midtravelmidengine wrote: Bump!

No one?

I guess i just assumed if you spent the time to stamp your name into a set of heads it would be more than a one off garage job... :lol:

Maybe that was the guys last name..... :lol:

mark tucker Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:06 am

single spring, nice chambers pockets look ok too from what I can see. names are kinda like :shock: most everybdy's got one and some are one :roll: just because nobody recoggnasizes the name shouldent keep you from using a good peice if they do check out to be good for the intended app. kinda like saving $400 and putting it tward a crank/rod combo,or dvd/gps so you dont get lost with your girl out in the woods.......oops,might want to put a switch on the gps antenna :wink:
as for the heads new stainless valves atleast on the ex side. if they all look that good it was tuned pretty good.

c21darrel Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Dave Anderson used to work at Barrett Enterprises in Covina Ca. many years ago. Dont know if he did the heads for them.