TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Motor combination problems ?
doug80 Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:31 pm

I started a post on the HHB offroad Forum tittled the same motor combo prob. Not sure if it can be transferred to this one so please jump over to that forum Thanks

modok Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:17 pm

doug80 wrote: Ok the dual 44 webers were rebuilt by a local shop and he had the buggy to tune the whole works. He changed the mains to 145 and the air to 200. Don't know the venture size, guess its what came in them.
The heads were changed at the 1st motor rebuild to Super flo ,valves are 44x37. Yes it has an elec. fuel pump and regulator is set to 2.5 pounds.
Yes the tranny shifts fine, but with a 542 R&P 1st gear is useless.

yep. First gear is too low. SF heads have TERRIBLE throttle response. Sorry you have to learn the hard way.

mark tucker Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:06 am

I dont see why the supers would have terriable throttle responce.Ive seen engines with oe heads that had that too....... might be more to it. the idf intakes are a bit shorter thsn the ida witch can change the low end some.but Ive seen worse intakes that would be good for squat, tiny port/head aera with big flange,but ports cant be opened with out welding and just about 1ince above the flange they open wide open to about 2" all the way to the top.quite useless, but they look neet.....hmm, might be good for sectioning onto something else... :idea:

doug80 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:50 am

Well the problem exsisted before I put the super flo's on. As for the intakes they are I think what they call D ports, that came with the head when I ordered them.