TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Single Carb Zenith on a 2.0L T4
LivinInnaVWBus Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm doing it with industrial intake end castings, a T1 center manifold and running heat risers because... why the f*ck not.
Anyone have a suggestion on jetting? I've got a 0 mile rebuilt Zenith jetted fat for a 1679 currently.

busdaddy Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:11 pm

I suspect you'll be the owner of an AFR meter and a box full of jets soon, that's really the only way to dial in a mystery combination like that safely and efficiently.
Good luck, sounds interesting, please post the results.

LivinInnaVWBus Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:17 pm

busdaddy wrote: I suspect you'll be the owner of an AFR meter and a box full of jets soon, that's really the only way to dial in a mystery combination like that safely and efficiently.

Jets are NLA. Everyone with any kind of stock on them only do a cash plus exchange basis so I need to know what is required. I've got the meter.

Wildthings Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:29 pm

LivinInnaVWBus wrote: busdaddy wrote: I suspect you'll be the owner of an AFR meter and a box full of jets soon, that's really the only way to dial in a mystery combination like that safely and efficiently.

Jets are NLA. Everyone with any kind of stock on them only do a cash plus exchange basis so I need to know what is required. I've got the meter.

You pretty much need to start by knowing what jetting you now have and how the the carb now performs. I would guess that there may be jets available new for some other application that fit your carb. Can't say what they might interchange with though.

notchboy Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Or get your grubby hands on as many small jets as possible - and some jet drills to enlarge the hole and start the experiment.

This sounds like info from a story I read in this book while on the pot :lol: