TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 40 idf webbers
diegod Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:59 pm

One of my carburetors are a bit sticky and was wondering how to adjust the throttle return spring?

thanks

RHough Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 pm

diegod wrote: One of my carburetors are a bit sticky and was wondering how to adjust the throttle return spring?

thanks

Is it the right carb or the left?

diegod Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:03 pm

If looking at engine it is the right carb, I am able to see the throttle return spring.

RHough Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:34 pm

diegod wrote: If looking at engine it is the right carb, I am able to see the throttle return spring.

How did you discover only one carb is sticky?

Is it sticky when the linkage arm is disconnected?

AFAIK there is no adjustment on the return spring.

bugguy1967 Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:55 pm

If the arm is sticking, trying to adjust the spring so it pulls harder is not the fix. The bearings inside may need lubrication or replacing, the throttle plates may not be aligned, the throttle shaft might be rolling in the carb's bore dry, the shaft may be slightly bent, the hardware stack on each end of the shaft may be incorrectly assembled...

66brm Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:32 am

bugguy1967 wrote: If the arm is sticking, trying to adjust the spring so it pulls harder is not the fix. The bearings inside may need lubrication or replacing, the throttle plates may not be aligned, the throttle shaft might be rolling in the carb's bore dry, the shaft may be slightly bent, the hardware stack on each end of the shaft may be incorrectly assembled...

Or over tightened