TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Sidewinder kit, what is this piece?
electronictofu Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:41 pm

I am not home and can't take a photo yet, but curious if this makes sense. I ordered an A-1 sidewinder kit for my bus and it came with a black rubber/ poly piece. It's about 3.5" long, sort of a cross between an oval and rectangle. It has two holes for bolts in the center. Not sure what it goes too? I can take a photo later if this makes no sense. It's the kit that has J-Tubes.

RHough Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:56 pm

electronictofu wrote: I am not home and can't take a photo yet, but curious if this makes sense. I ordered an A-1 sidewinder kit for my bus and it came with a black rubber/ poly piece. It's about 3.5" long, sort of a cross between an oval and rectangle. It has two holes for bolts in the center. Not sure what it goes too? I can take a photo later if this makes no sense. It's the kit that has J-Tubes.

Muffler hanger?

electronictofu Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:05 pm

That might be it, would that go in between the muffler bracket and the j-tube bracket?

mark tucker Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:32 pm

or a muffler bearing.

electronictofu Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Here we go. Have some photo action.
Not even sure if this goes here. I was just testing it. If it is the correct piece, it hits the head cover, not sure how it goes on, if it even does.

stan_tichomirov Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:59 pm

That's a hanger. Is it supposed to mount to that steel bracket 3" up in the picture?

Stan

electronictofu Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Yeah it was drooping down when I took the photo. I had it up a few inches higher. The bolt and or nut hits the head cover pretty hard, is it ok for it to rest on the valve cover? I wish it were back another inch or so. It fits a little funky.

stan_tichomirov Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:41 pm

I'd put the bolt in the other way, with cap facing the valve cover.

Stan